J.J. Krebs To Head Board Of Commissioners At Port Of New Orleans
Joseph J. Krebs Jr. has been elected to serve as president of the Board of Commissioners of the Port of New Orleans (La.) for 1980. He succeeds Roy J. Gross, who served as the Board's first president from St. Bernard Parish.
The Board also elected Leander N. Bubrig to the office of vice president, and J.W. Clark, secretary- treasurer. Mr. Krebs and Mr.
Bubrig are Jefferson Parish appointees on the Dock Board.
Mr. Krebs was appointed to the Board of Commissioners on November 22, 1976, and served as vice president during 1979. A native of New Orleans, he is president of J.J. Krebs & Sons Inc., Civil Engineers and Land Surveyors.
Following the election of officers, the Board confirmed the continued service of Edward S. Reed in the position of executive port director-general manager.
Also confirmed by unanimous Board action were the following appointments: a s s i s t a n t secretary, Lydia Joyce M. Arnold; assistant treasurer, William H. Urban Jr.; r e c o r d i n g s e c r e t a r y, Edith B. Bowden; general counsel, Louis B. Claverie; and public r e l a t i o n s counsel, Kenneth H.
Mr. Krebs appointed a Budget Committee of the following members: Roy Gross, chairman; John Meghrian and Lee Bubrig, members.
Other stories from February 15, 1980 issue
- Shipbuilders Council Reports U.S. Shipbuilding Produces Net Plus Economic Effect page: 6
- Riverway Shipyard Delivers 50' Towboat To Corps Of Engineers page: 6
- Robert Sanders To Yard Superintendent page: 8
- Phillip Gresser Associates Will Move Offices To Palm Beach, Florida page: 11
- First Of Two For Waterman -S/S Benjamin Harrison- Christened At Avondale page: 12
- Wiley Completes Ferryboat Surry To Operate At James River Crossing page: 12
- Thompsen Appointed VP At Jackson Engineering page: 15
- Wendt Named President Of Sperry Division page: 16
- Parsons Brinckerhoff Will Develop Boston Container Terminal page: 17
- Free Bulletin Offered On Marine Alternators For Work, Crew, Supply Boats page: 17
- Sayville Ferry Service Adds New Vessel To Fleet page: 18
- Fink And Calvert Named At Wichita Clutch Co. page: 18
- Chesapeake Section SNAME Hears Ocean Energy Systems Paper page: 20
- M/V National Energy Christened In New Orleans page: 24
- Literature Offered On New Harris RF Communications Synthesized Transceiver page: 24
- Atlantic Marine Delivers 74' Combination Trawler John Gregory page: 24
- Second Tsavliris Bulkcarrier Delivered By CCN page: 29
- McDermott Develops New Pipeline Welding System —Literature Available page: 29
- Wayne Musgrove To Head New Chem-Marine Corp. page: 34
- Santa Fe Names Three To Top Management Posts page: 36
- NABRICO Delivers Four Of Six New Barges To Hollywood Marine page: 36
- Decker Named VP And General Manager Of Sperry Gyroscope Unit page: 38
- San Marcos Purchases Vessel For Conversion In Japanese Yard page: 40
- Jackson Engineering Names Paul Reynolds Supervisor, Coatings Dept. page: 40
- Swiftships Completes The Streljko For Yugoslavian Owners page: 41
- ASNE So. New England Section Hears Gen'l Dynamics Paper On LNG Spheres page: 41
- Bird-Johnson Names Gulf Coast Manager page: 42
- Literature Describes Expanded EPSCO Radar Line page: 42
- New Hose Breakaway Coupling Prevents Spillage —Literature Available page: 46
- Conoco Plans Tension Leg Platform For N. Sea Depths To 2,000 Feet page: 47
- J.J. Krebs To Head Board Of Commissioners At Port Of New Orleans page: 47
- Is A Big Bulk Carrier A Good Bet? page: 48
- Key Promotions At Lockheed Shipbuilding page: 49
- Marathon Delivers Jackup Rig For China page: 50
- Ocean Salvors And Crescent Towing Add Gulf Salvage Station page: 51
- Ten EB Engineers Deliver Papers At Fourth Annual Honors Seminar page: 51
- Aerospace/Marine Technology Compared In New Book Available From SNAME page: 51
- Four VLCC Supertanker Conversions To Include Megasystems Seamatic II page: 52
- Port Of Portland Elects Officers For 1980 page: 52
- RCA Globcom Completes China Marisat Tests page: 52
- Literature Available On Rockwell's New High Pressure/Temp. Valves page: 53