Specialized Support Vessel 'Anfitrite' Acquired By O.D.S. Italia S.P.A.
Because of the increased activity in oil exploration off the Italian coast, private Italian owners have established O.D.S. Italia s.p.a. with offices in Napoli, Genova, and Ravenna, for the purpose of supplying highly specialized vessels to the offshore industry.
The first vessel to be owned by the company is a diving support vessel, the Anfitrite, (shown above), a 209-foot-long specialized support vessel suitable for any kind of underwater services as deep as 300 meters, assistance to drilling rigs, underwater welding, rescue work, etc.
Main propulsion on the Anfitrite is by two MaK 453AK engines coupled to two controllable-pitch propellers, and one bow and one stern thruster, both MTU diesel, all remote- controlled from the bridge.
Auxiliary engines include two Mercedes OM 403, each 235 bhp, and one MTU-396 620 bhp, all directcoupled to Siemens AC generators.
Other equipment includes Norwinch anchor windlass, Hydraulikk Brattvaag anchor winches, Nautilus Diesel Hydraulic crane, and Electro hydraulic "Hydrolift" crane.
The vessel features a diving bell operated through a moonpool, Kongsberg, Albatross 501 dynamic positioning system with three basic reference systems, and A-frame gantry crane of 40 tons lifting capacity.
The Italian-flag Anfitrite is classified by Det norske Veritas + 1A1 ICE C Tug/Supply Vessel, DSV, EO, and has accommodations, all forward, for 39 men in single and double cabins.
The vessel will be managed by two companies that are leaders in their fields of activity: Rana s.p.a. of Ravenna, operating in diving activity; and Rimorchiatori Riuniti s.p.a., prominent in the offshore industry and with a long tradition as owners of tugboats.
Other stories from September 15, 1984 issue
- Symon Appointed New Director Of Tankers At Stolt-Nielsen page: 5
- SOFEC Awarded NavSea Contract For Offshore Mooring Terminal page: 5
- Sperry Gets $62.8-Million Navy Contract For Frigate Combat Systems Work page: 6
- New HEET Fuel Additive Saves Time And Money By Preventive Maintenance page: 6
- Two Key Appointments Announced By Halifax Industries page: 7
- S.S. United States To Auction Contents Prior To Total Renovation page: 8
- Imi-Tech Offers Catalog Of Insulating Products For Marine Applications page: 8
- Manson Construction Builds Pacific Northwest's Heftiest Floating Crane page: 12
- NKK To Build Floating Offshore Production Unit For Norwegian Consortium page: 14
- Van Houten To Head New Parsons Brickershoff Marine Facilities Unit page: 14
- USP&I Home Office To New York Area— Other Changes Announced page: 15
- American Marine Gets $390,000 Contract For Two Cutterhead Dredges page: 15
- MARINE SALVAGE page: 16
- General Dynamics Quincy Yard Will Build Four Containerships For USL At Cost of $341 Million page: 18
- Scripps Institution Acquires Another Research Vessel page: 18
- RDI's Satcom I Communications System Approved By INMARSAT page: 18
- Tenn-Tom Waterway Project Nearing Early Completion page: 20
- BP And Harland And Wolff Forming Joint Venture For $145-Million SWOPS Project page: 21
- Naval Ship Maintenance & Modernization/Affordability page: 22
- The "Ultimate" Compact SSB page: 23
- IBM Appoints Marine Management Systems As Authorized Dealer page: 25
- Twin City Shipyard Lays Keel For Gulf Coast Trailing Dredge page: 26
- Pearlson Begins Construction Of World's Largest Ship Transfer System page: 26
- Screw Compressors Improve Air Conditioning Reliability page: 27
- NASSCO Receives Exxon Contract For Two Alaska-Class Tankers page: 28
- Tacoma Boat Division Gets $210,000 Contract To Build Propeller Hub Assembly page: 28
- AMMCO Licensed To Market O&K Dredging Bucket And Cutting Wheels page: 32
- Westinghouse Electric Awarded $2-Million Navy Contract For Frigate Study page: 32
- John Cave Appointed Vice President For Boland & Cornelius page: 33
- Norwegian Caribbean Acquires Royal Viking Line For $240 Million page: 33
- Marinette Marine Corporation Gets $24~Million Navy Contract To Build Six Yard Patrol Craft page: 34
- New Drydock At Halifax Shipyard Operating At Close To Capacity page: 34
- Penn Ship Awarded Navy Contract For Overhaul And Maintenance Of Frigate page: 35
- John Deere Developing Family Of Rotary Engines page: 35
- Specialized Support Vessel 'Anfitrite' Acquired By O.D.S. Italia S.P.A. page: 36
- Moss Point Awarded $3.6-Million To Build 15 Barges For U.S. Navy page: 36
- CORE Canadian Offshore Resources Exposition page: 38
- $79-Million Coast Guard Contract Awarded to Bollinger Shipyard page: 46
- New Busiship™ System Brochure Available From Nav-Com page: 46
- Independent Tests Show Drew Ameroid's Amergize® Cuts Fuel Consumption page: 47
- Third USN Rescue/Salvage Ship Launched At Peterson Builders page: 54