IZAR Delivers LNG Inigo Tapias
IZAR Sestao Shipyard has delivered the LNG Inigo Tapias, which will be operated by the company F. Tapias for Repsol YPF-Gas Natural. After conclusion of tests, carried out by the shipyard in the Gas Natural facilities in Huelva and valued by the shipowner, the ship was delivered completely operative and was delivered a month ahead of schedule.
During the tests, the cargo has reach quantity of 5,000 cu. m. of gas.
The Inigo Tapias has the capacity to transport 138,000 cu. m. of liquefied natural gas at 163 degrees C below 0, in four tanks with a double membrane type No96 as a system of isolation and contention of cargo. Inigo Tapias is the first LNG of this dimension built in Spain and the first of a series of five that IZAR has under construction for Repsol YPF, Gas Natural and Union Fenosa. IZAR is the only shipyard in Europe and among the few in the world, capable of the construction of this type of ship -high technology and added value- and has achieved a strong position in this sector.
Diesel Engines Factory in Manises provided five deck cranes, three hose handling cranes type GPH 500-1224 and two service cranes type GPS 320-1218.
Circle 1 7 8 on Reader Service C a rd
Other stories from September 2003 issue
- New SWATH From ACMA page: 8
- IZAR Delivers LNG Inigo Tapias page: 10
- Wallace McGeorge Modified for Deep Dredging page: 11
- Careful, Your Species May Be Non-Indigenous page: 12
- U.S. Sub Christened in "Home" Port page: 16
- HSV 2 Swift Delivered to U.S. Navy page: 17
- A Change in Course page: 18
- Univan Reports Steady Growth page: 20
- Payload Pivotal to Fast Sealift Ship page: 24
- The Chairman's Influence on Design page: 24
- The Lure of the Electric Drive page: 26
- Very Large Systems page: 27
- Generators And Synchronous Condensers page: 27
- Cat Power For Unique Boat page: 30
- MAN B&W Flexibility With Two Strokes page: 31
- "Ink" It In: WMTC a Must for Maritime Professionals page: 34
- Guido Perla: Colombian Born, American Made page: 38
- Thrane & Thrane Offers the Capsat Fleet33 page: 42
- SeaWave Family Designed for Ease of Use page: 42
- PGS Geophysical Renews With Telenor page: 43
- Nera F 5 5 Terminal Gets Inmarsat Type Approval page: 44
- Monitoring Technology...Advanced page: 45
- Outlook for Floating Production Systems page: 52
- Meyer Werft Delivers to RCCL page: 57