Seville Shipyard Delivers Ferry to ENTMV
Izar Sevilla delivered the ferry Tassili II to Algeria's Entreprise Nationale de Transport Maritime de Voyageurs (ENTMV). Tassili II is the first of the two sister vessels for ENTMV, with the second, dubbed El Djazair, scheduled for delivery in May 2005.
The 475-ft. (145 m), 2,900-dwt ship is unique in many ways, and the ferry has meant a challenge for Izar Sevilla as this was the first ship built at this shipyard attending more to the passenger area than to the cargo carrying spaces. The design more than ever focused on commodity and security matters.
The vessel offers 11,300 sq. m. in which 1,300 passengers can be accommodated.
In order to provide quality service for the passenger, the ship has several dinning-rooms, a self-service restaurant, a discotheque and several leisure areas. Accommodation standards are on par with the levels of higher European vessel and the finishing details have been specially looked after.
Tassili II includes the latest in maritime security electronics, including a new Automatic Identification System (AIS) and a Security and Alarm System (SSAS). This equipment is in accordance with the ISPS code (International Ship and Port Facility Security) in force since July 1, 2004.
Stability and deadweight requirements have been overcome as a result of strict controls during every step of the project.
Both Tassili II and El Djazair II will operate between Marseilles and Algiers replacing Hoggar, Tipasa and Zeralda vessels, all of which were built at the beginning of 70s. This fleet modernization contributes to improve ENTMV's current services.
Circle 31 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from December 2004 issue
- Seville Shipyard Delivers Ferry to ENTMV page: 7
- U.S. Ocean Dumping Act page: 10
- Continuous Flooding Simulation page: 14
- Mark Your Calendar page: 15
- Great Ships of 2004 page: 18
- CMA CGM Hugo: A 8,200 TEU Class Containership page: 25
- "World's Largest" Heavy Lift Ship Enters Service page: 26
- Golar Viking, A 140,000 cu. m. Membrane LNG Carrier page: 26
- Maersk Durban: Innovative Panamax Containership page: 27
- Ardenne Venture, A 318,000 DWT VLCC page: 27
- Meeting the Ballast Water Challenge page: 31
- New Towing Module page: 32
- Enzian Ships Get Complete Cargo Solution page: 32
- NorMar Introduced page: 34
- Allied Systems Tapped by Coast Guard page: 35